Tandoori Chicken in Pan
Chicken 2 no.
Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
Kashmir red chilli powder 4 tsp.
Salt 2 tsp
Lemon juice 1 no.
Mustard oil 3 Tbsp
Carom seeds ½ tsp
Gram Flour 2 Tbsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Yogurt ½ cup
Black salt ¼ tsp
Garam Masala powder 1½ tsp
Chat masala ½ tsp
How to Cut Chicken For Tandoori:
Make incisions with a sharp knife on the chicken breast, legs and thighs.
Please refer to the link: http://harpalssokhi.com/recipe/how-to-cut-chicken-for-tandoori/
- In large Bowl Marinate Chicken with Ginger and Garlic Paste, 2 tsp of Red Chilli Powder, Lemon Juice and 1 ½ tsp of Salt. Mix it well and Keep It aside for 15-20 Min.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan, add ajwain and gram flour mix it well and cook for medium flame about 2 Min.
- The switch of the flame add turmeric powder and stir continuously. Keep it aside.
- Take a mixing bowl to add Yogurt, remaining chili powder, black salt, cook gram flour and ½ tsp of salt.
- Wisk and mix it well to get the smooth paste.
- Add garam masala, mix well.
- Add First marinated chicken, mix it well and keep it for 2-3 hour.
Cooking in Pan:
- Heat frying pan for 2-3 min.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Place the marinated chicken to the pan, cover and cook on high heat for 3-4 min. and then cook on medium heat for 3-4 min.
- Remove the lid turn the chicken.
- Tilt the pan and take leftover oil and pour on the top of each chicken as shown.
- Add half leftover marinated sauce on top of each chicken.
- Cover and cook for another 4-5 min.
- After 4-5 min. remove the lid turn the chicken again.
- Add leftover marinated sauce on top.
- Cover and cook for another 2-3 min.
- Meanwhile, take the burning charcoal in silver foil as shown, add 4-5 no. of cloves.
- Put the silver foil in a pan put some butter on top and cover and cook for 2 min.
- Remove tandoori chicken in serving plates, brush some butter on top.
- Sprinkle some chat masala and red chilli powder.
- Serve hot.