This festive season of Lohri, you can make Sesame Delight. You can call it Til and Mava Barfi. As this year we are focusing on health, this recipe gives you a blend of healthy ingredients including Jaggery and Sesame seeds.
- White sesame- 2 cups
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Almonds – 1 ½ tbsp
- Pistachios – 1 ½ tbsp
- Black pepper powder -½ tsp
- Ginger powder½ tsp
- Jaggery – 1 ½ cup
- Mava (khoya)- 1 cup
- Nuts- For garnish
- Dry roast the sesame seeds until nutty, and then coarsely ground it.
- Heat ghee (clarified butter) in a pan and add almonds and pistachios, fry for 2 mins.
- After 2 mins transfer the coarse sesame mixture and sauté it for few mins.
- Now add ginger powder and black pepper powder.
- Mix it once and add jaggery and cook it until it melts completely.
- Then add khoya and cook it over a low flame until all mixed.
- Set the mixture in a tray or plate cut it in to shapes and let it cool and set for 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve with some nuts on top.