Caramel custard with a twist must try
- Sevaiyaan – 50 grams
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Eggs – 3 no
- Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – 1/2 tsp
- Milk – 1 1/2 cups
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celcius.
- Heat a non stick pan. Add sugar, 2 tbsp water and cook till the sugar caramalizes.
- Break eggs in a bowl and whisk for a minute. Add powdered sugar and vanilla essence and whisk well.
- Pour the caramalized sugar into ramekin moulds.
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan. Crush the sevaiyaan, add to the pan and sauté for a minute.
- Add milk to the pan and mix well. Warm the milk slightly. Beat the egg mixture and add the milk along with the sevaiyaan to it. Mix well.
- Drain the sevaiyaan and place them over the caramalized sugar. Pour the egg and milk mixture over it.
- Pour water in a baking tray. Place the moulds in the tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celcius for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool. Set in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
- Demould and serve upside down.