Fruit Phirni (Firni) with rasmalai, a traditional rice custard cooked with milk and set in earthware containers.
- Bread Slices – 8 no
- Milk – 150 ml
- Mix dry fruits and nuts chopped(cashewnut, almonds, pistachio, raisin) – 1 cup
- Saffron – 5-6 strands
- For Phirni
- Milk – 1 liter
- Rice soaked – 30 grams
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pistachio slivers blanched – 10-12 no
- Take the bread slices and cut the edges of the bread and keep aside.
- Now take milk in bowl and lightly soak the bread and squeeze it properly.
- Now take a slice of bread and place the spoonful of dry fruit mixture in the center and and sealed properly making a ball. make the rest similarly and place it in a freezer to freeze .
- Drain and grind the rice to a coarse paste. Bring milk to a boil. Add rice paste dissolved in a little water or cold milk.
- Cook till rice is completely cooked, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder and cook till sugar is completely dissolved . remove and cool the phirni
- In a bowl place the bread rolls and pour the phirni mixture on the topped of it garnished it blached pistachio and serve