Chinese Pakoda is an Indo-Chinese fusion snack very popular as Mumbai street food. It is a fusion of common Indo-Chinese ingredients cooked in Indian style Pakoras.
Cabbage, finely chopped 1 no. (Small)
Carrot, finely chopped 1 no. (Small)
Onion chopped 1 no. (Small)
Green capsicum chopped ½ no.
Green chilli chopped 3-4 no.
Chopped Ginger 1 Tbsp
Chopped Garlic 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Soya sauce 1 tsp
Red chilli sauce 1 tbsp
Red chilli paste 2 tbsp
Schezwan sauce 2 tbsp
Corn starch ½ Cup
Refined Flour ½ Cup
Oil for deep-frying
Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp
Chaat Masala 1 tsp
Tomato ketchup 1 Tbsp
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Mix together cabbage, carrot, onion, capsicum, green chilli, garlic, ginger and salt, mix well.
- Add red chilli paste, soya sauce, red chilli sauce, 1 tbsp of Schezwan sauce, cornstarch, and refined flour, mix well and make a thick mixture.
- Drop small portions of vegetables mixture in the hot oil and deep-fry till half done.
- Remove the pakodas on an absorbent paper when its half done.
- Reheat the oil and fry the pakodas again till crisp.
- Remove the pakodas on an absorbent paper.
- Transfer the pakodas in a mixing bowl, add red chilli powder, chaat masala, tomato ketchup and remaining schezwan sauce and mix well.
- Remove in serving bowl and serve hot.