Venn Pongal is a delicious recipe for the festive season of Pongal. This is a very tasty and easy to cook recipe which is famous as breakfast but you can eat it in Dinner, Lunch or even in morning breakfast meal.
- Ghee -2 Tbsp
- Ginger- 1 tbsp
- Soaked rice -1 cup
- Moong dal -¼ cups
- Water -as req
- Salt- to taste
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Whole black pepper -1 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 1 tbsp
- Hing- a pinch
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 14 to 16 leaves
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a presser cooker and add chopped ginger in it and toss it for 2 mins.
- Then add soaked rice, salt and yellow Moong dal and add water as req or 4 cups (4 cups water for 1 or 1 ½ cup of rice)
- Let it cook until 2 whistles.
- Now in a pan add ghee, whole pepper, cashew nuts, hing, cumin seeds, and curry leaves.
- Let it crackle then transfer the rice in the pan and mix it over a low flame and let it get thick as per you like.
- Serve hot with sambhar and coconut chutney; garnish it with coriander and 1 tsp ghee for extra flavor.