Three pepper Chilli Paneer is the most popular vegetarian recipe of Chinese cuisine. It is an easy recipe that can be made in minutes with simple ingredients.
- Cottage cheese, cut into medium cubes – 500 grams
- Green capsicum, cut into medium pieces – 1 medium
- Red capsicum, cut into medium pieces – 1 medium
- Yellow capsicum, cut into medium pieces – 1 medium
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Whole dry red chillies – 4 -5
- Crushed black peppercorns – 1 teaspoon
- Onion, cut into medium cubes – 1 medium
- Schezwan chutney – ½ cup
- Soya sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli flakes – 1 teaspoon
- Chopped spring onion – 1 tablespoon
- Heat rice bran oil in a wok or a frying pan, add dry chilies and crushed black peppercorns and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add coloured capsicums and onion and sauté for about a minute.
- Add Schezwan chutney, soya sauce, vinegar and sugar and mix. Add one fourth cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add cottage cheese cubes and cook for about a minute or two or till the moisture dries up.
- Transfer into a serving dish, sprinkle chilli flakes and spring onion and serve.