Three pepper Chilli Paneer is the most popular vegetarian recipe of Chinese cuisine. It is an easy recipe that can be made in minutes with simple ingredients.
Cottage cheese, cut into medium cubes 500 grams
Green capsicum, cut into medium pieces 1 medium
Red capsicum, cut into medium pieces 1 medium
Yellow capsicum, cut into medium pieces 1 medium
Oil 2 tablespoons
Whole dry red chillies 4 -5
Crushed black peppercorns 1 teaspoon
Onion, cut into medium cubes 1 medium
Schezwan chutney ½ cup
Soya sauce 1 teaspoon
Vinegar 1 teaspoon
Sugar 1 teaspoon
Red chilli flakes 1 teaspoon
Chopped spring onion 1 tablespoon
- Heat rice bran oil in a wok or a frying pan, add dry chilies and crushed black peppercorns and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add coloured capsicums and onion and sauté for about a minute.
- Add Schezwan chutney, soya sauce, vinegar and sugar and mix. Add one fourth cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add cottage cheese cubes and cook for about a minute or two or till the moisture dries up.
- Transfer into a serving dish, sprinkle chilli flakes and spring onion and serve.