A variant of the traditional shahi tukda.
- Strawberries – 16-17no
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Rose essence – Few drops
- Whipped cream – 1 cup
- Pistachio – For garnish
- Oil – For deep fry
- Bread slice cut into roundels – 6
- Heat sufficient oil in a non stick kadai. Deep fry the bread roundels till golden and crisp. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Heat together sugar and 1 1/2 cups water in another non stick pan, allow the mixture to come to a boil
- Roughly chop 11-12 strawberries and grind into a purée. Add the purée to the sugar syrup. Simmer for 2-3 minutes and switch off the heat. Add rose essence and mix well.
- Add the bread slices to the pan and allow to rest till they become soft.
- Finely slice the remaining strawberries.
- In a serving plate place the bread and pour the mixture over it. Pipe the whipped cream over it and place the sliced strawberries on the sides of the plate.
- Garnish with chopped pistachio and serve