Sev is a popular Indian snack food consisting of small pieces of crunchy noodles made from chickpea flour paste
- Garlic powder – 2 ½ Teaspoons
- Gram flower – 2 cups
- Salt – To taste
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Carom seeds – ½ teaspoons
- Oil – ¼ cup + for deep frying
- Put gram flour in a bowl, add salt, turmeric powder and carom seeds and mix well. Heat one-fourth cup of oil and add and knead into a stiff dough with sufficient water. Rest the dough for half an hour.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Put some dough into a sev mould and press out sev directly into hot oil. Deep-fry, stirring occasionally with a slotted spoon, till golden. Drain on absorbent paper. Sprinkle the garlic powder on top and toss.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.