Just a pinch of salt can make a great difference to this mousse.
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Fresh cream – ½ cup
- For mousse
- Chocolate roughly chopped – 1 cup
- Whipped cream – 2 cups
- Mixed nuts roughly chopped – For garnishing
- White chocolate chips – For garnishing
- To make mousse, melt chocolate in a bowl in microwave for 30 seconds and mix well
- Mix melted chocolate and whipped cream in another bowl and whisk well
- Put the mousse in a piping bag and pipe out into stemmed glasses.
- To make salted caramel, heat sugar in a non-stick pan, add salt and let the sugar melt. Add 2 tbsps water and stir continuously till the sugar caramelizes. Add butter and fresh cream and mix well.
- Top the mousse with salted caramel, garnish with nuts and white chocolate chips and serve immediately