Sweet parantha stuffed with jaggery and coconut
- Dough made with whole wheat flour – 3 cups
- sugar and water – ½ cup
- Fresh coconut scraped – 1 ½ cups
- Grated jaggery – 1 cup
- Green cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Ghee as required
- Put coconut in a bowl, add jaggery and green cardamom powder and mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a non-stick pan, add ghee and let it melt. Add the coconut mixture and toss till jaggery melts. Transfer into a bowl and let it cool.
- Heat a non-stick tawa.
- Sprinkle some dry flour on work top. Divide dough into equal portions, roll into a long thin roll. Flatten the roll with a rolling pin to make a long flat chapatti.
- Put coconut mixture along the length of the chapatti, fold one side over the other to make a roll and seal the edges well. Start rolling from one end till you reach the other end to resemble a jalebi.
- Sprinkle some dry flour over and roll gently into a parantha. Put on the hot tawa and roast for 1 minute.
- Flip, spread 2 tbsps ghee and cook, turning sides, till equally golden on both sides.
- Gently place it on the work top, cut into 4 triangles, arrange on a serving plate and serve hot.