Chicken pieces and noodles cooked in a spicy coconut broth garnished with bean sprouts
- Chicken breasts – 2 no
- Shallots – 6-8 no
- Dried red chillies – 4 no
- Garlic cloves – 6-8 no
- Ginger, roughly chopped – 1 inch
- Chopped coriander sprigs – 3 tbsp
- Mint leaves – 15-20 no
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Peanuts – 3 tbsp
- Tamarind paste – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Coconut milk – 3 tbsp + 1/2 cup
- Stick lemon grass – 1/2
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Boiled noodles – 1/2 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- Bean sprouts – for garnishing
- To make the marinade, grind together shallots, dried red chillies, garlic cloves, ginger, coriander sprigs, mint leaves, turmeric powder, peanuts, tamarind paste, 3 tbsp coconut milk and lemon grass into a fine paste.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add remaining coconut milk, salt and mix well.
- Cut chicken breasts diagonally into small pieces. Add to the marinade, mix well and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Place the marinated chicken pieces in the pan. Cover and cook on high heat flipping sides till evenly done.
- Transfer the chicken pieces on a plate.
- Add the remaining marinade to the same pan. Add 3-4 tbsp water and mix well. Add boiled noodles, salt, lemon juice and toss.
- Transfer the noodles in a serving plate. Place the chicken pieces on the noodles. Garnish with bean sprouts and serve