A delicious and flavourful pulao.
- Kokum petals – 6-7 no
- Freshly grated coconut – 1 cup
- Basmati rice, soaked – 3 cups
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 15-17 no
- Carrot, cut into small cubes – 1 no medium
- Curry leaves – 10-15 no
- Dried red chillies – 2-3 no
- Green peas – 1/2 cup
- Salt – to taste
- A mint sprig – for garnishing
- Adjust the rice cooker on cooking mode.
- Heat ghee in the rice cooker. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and cashew nuts and sauté till fragrant.
- Add carrot, curry leaves, dried red chillies and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add rice, coconut, kokum petals, green peas, salt and 3 3/4th cup water. Mix well and cook for 15-18 minutes or till done.
- Transfer onto a serving plate, garnish with a mint sprig and serve hot.