Fried bread slices stuffed with dates mixture poured over with reduced sweet milk.
- Bread slices – 8 no
- Ghee – for frying
- Pistachios – 10-12 no
- Almonds – 8-10 no
- Dates (seedless) – 1 cup
- Green cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Milk – 5 cups
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Silver warq – for garnish
- Rose water – ½ tsp
- Trim the crust and cut each bread slice into round shape with a cookie cutter or a katori. Heat ghee in a pan and shallow fry the bread pieces for about a minute, turn over and fry about a minute more or until light brown and crisp. Drain and remove onto an absorbent kitchen towel or paper.
- Soak pistachios and almonds in hot water for ten minutes. Drain, peel and slice. Reserve one tablespoon of sliced pistachios and almonds for garnish.
- Finely chop seedless dates, add green cardamom powder and mash thoroughly with a rolling pin. Add the sliced pistachio nuts and almonds and mix well. Divide this mixture into four equal portions.
- Place a portion of the date mixture on a fried bread piece, cover with another fried bread piece and press to secure.
- Meanwhile, bring milk to boil, reduce heat and simmer for ten minutes, stirring continuously or until the quantity is reduced by half. Add sugar and continue to simmer for five minutes, stirring continuously.
- Dip stuffed bread pieces in this mixture for half a minute, remove and keep aside. Cook the remaining milk for five to six minutes, stirring continuously or until it thickens to a coating consistency. Remove from heat and chill.
- Place soaked bread pieces on a serving dish, pour chilled reduced milk on top, apply silver warq and top with reserved pistachio nuts and almonds. Serve sprinkled with rose syrup.