Made from raw mangoes, this is an ideal drink for hot summer days.
- Green mango – 1 large
- Water – 4 cups
- Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
- Black Peppercorns, crushed – 8 -10 no
- Black salt – ¾ teaspoon
- Asafoetida – a small pinch
- Sugar – ½ cup
1. Wash the mango well under running water.
2. Place a non stick deep pan on high heat and pour in 4 cups of water. When it comes to a boil, add the mango and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 25 minutes or till the mango is soft and the skin begins to peel off.
3. Let it cool. Strain the water and peel the mango; mash and strain the pulp into another deep bowl.
4. Add the cumin powder, crushed peppercorns, black salt, asafetida and sugar to the mango pulp. Mix well till sugar is dissolved.
5. Divide the mixture into four tall glasses, fill it up with chilled water. Stir well and serve immediately.