Egg and methi dumplings, mixed with spices and deep fried, a perfect snack for any occasion.
Eggs boiled 3 no.
Fresh fenugreek leaves finely chopped and boiled 1 no. (Small bunch)
Onion chopped 1 no. (Small)
Ginger chopped 1 tsp
Green chilies chopped 3 no.
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Kasoori methi ½ tsp
Cooking soda ¼ tsp
Carom seeds (Ajwain) 1 tsp
Gram flour (Besan) 6 Tbsp
Oil for frying for frying
Chaat masala to sprinkle
Tomato for garnish
Green chilli slit 3 no.
- In a large bowl Grate boiled eggs.
- Add chopped onion, ginger, green chillies, boiled methi, turmeric powder, red chilli powder , garam masala, salt, kasoori methi, cooking soda, carom seeds(ajwain), gram flour and mix well.
- Add little water to get adequate binding.
- Mean while heat oil in a pan.
- Dip two spoons in water and take mixture in one spoon and with help of other spoon shape the mixture like egg.
- Deep fry the pakoda and fry till half done.
- Remove the pakoda half done on an absorbent paper.
- Take a tomato and trim the head, remove the skin in a circular action. Shape the skin as rose and place on the serving plate.
- Take few green chilles, slit and fry them. Place on the serving plate, with some chopped coriander.
- Reheat the oil and deep fry the pakodas again till golden and crisp.
- Once crisp remove on an absorbent paper. Sprinkle chat masala.
- Place the pakodas on a serving plate and serve hot with schezwan chutney