Egg and methi dumplings, mixed with spices and deep fried, a perfect snack for any occasion.
- Eggs boiled peeled and grated – 3
- Fresh fenugreek leaves finely chopped and boiled – 1/2 cup
- Gram flour( besan ) – 6 tbsp
- Carom seeds (ajwain) – 1/2tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Oil for frying – For frying
- Chaat masala – To sprinkle
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Onion chopped – 1 small
- Ginger chopped – 1 tsp
- Green chillies chopped – 3
- Grate boiled eggs. In a large bowl Add grated boiled eggs, onion, ginger, green chillies, turmeric powder, red chilli powder , garam masala powder, salt, boiled methi, cooking soda, ajwain, besan and mix well with little bit of water.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.. Dip two spoons in hot oil; take some of the mixture on one spoon ad with the help of the other spoon shape into egg shaped pakodey.
- Deep fry these in the hot oil till they are half cooked.
- Drain on absorbent paper and rest them for some time. Heat up the oil once again and fry till golden and crisp.
- Once again drain on absorbent paper. Sprinkle chat masala over them.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.