CHANA DAL PAYASAM – is a different style of Payasam, which blends the flavor of chana dal, and our sweet Payasam. Try this at home on any special day and you will surely remember its taste for a long time.
- Chana dal (split Bengal gram) – 1 cup
- Jaggery – ½ cup
- nutmeg powder – ¼ tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Rice – 1 tbsp
- fresh coconut – 1 tbsp
- cashew nut – 1 tbsp
- Raisins – 1 Tbsp
How to make Chana Dal Payasam (Method)
- Wash & soak chana dal in water for overnight. Pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Soak rice for ½ an hour in water. Grind rice & coconut together & make a coarse paste.
- In a pan add cooked chana dal add milk & bring it to boil.
- Add rice paste & continuously keep on stirring for 10 minutes.
- Add jaggery, cashew nut & raisins.
- Add nutmeg powder.
- Garnish with cashew nut & raisins.