Barrel shaped potatoes filled with paneer mixture, marinated in yogurt masala and cooked in the tandoor.
- Potatoes – 6 no medium
- Oil for deep frying + oil 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped ginger – 1 tbsp
- Green chillies – 2-3 no
- Cashew nuts – 10-12 no
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Grated cottage cheese (paneer) – 1 cup
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp + for sprinkling
- Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard oil – 3 tbsp
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Peel the potatoes, cut a thin slice from both the sides and scoop the potato from one side. Place the 2 slices and scooped portion aside in a bowl.
- Heat sufficient oil in a non stick kadai. Deep fry the scooped potato till golden and crisp. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non stick pan. Add ginger, green chillies and sauté for a minute. Roughly chop the cashew nuts, add to the pan and sauté for a minute. Add raisins and sauté further for a minute. Transfer the mixture in a bowl.
- Add paneer, 1/2 tsp chaat masala, red chilli powder, and garam masala powder, salt and mix well.
- To make the marinade, mix together yogurt, ginger garlic paste, Kashmiri red chilli powder, garam masala powder, 1/2 tsp chaat masala, salt in a bowl.
- Heat mustard oil in a non stick pan. Switch off the heat and add turmeric powder. Pour this tempering over the marinade.
- Mash the fried potato pieces and add to the marinade. Stuff the marinade in the potatoes. Place the potatoes in the marinade bowl and coat with the marinade from all sides.
- Pierce a lemon wedge on a skewer. Arrange 2-3 stuffed potatoes with a little gap between them. Place the skewers in a tandoor and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Separate the potatoes from the skewers and cut into half. Transfer onto a serving plate, sprinkle some chaat masala and serve hot.