Baby corn jalfrezi recipe tangy, and spicy that is how i will describe this baby corn jalfrezi. this bright orange color dish not only looks pleasing to the eyes but also is appealing to the taste buds..
- Babycorn halved – 1 cup
- Salt – To taste
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Dried red chili broken – 3-4
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger cut into strips – 1 inch
- Green chili finely chopped – 3
- Onion sliced – 2 medium
- Green capsicum cut into thin strips – 1 medium
- Tomato cut into thin strips – 1 medium
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato ketchup – 1 ½ cup
- Paneer – 200
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh coriander sprigs – 10-12
- Boil 4-5 cups water in a non-stick pan, add baby corns, salt and¼ tsp turmeric powder and cook for 3-4 minutes. Strain and put them into a bowl.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add dried red chillies and cumin seeds and sauté till the chillies are crisp. Add ginger, green chillies and onions and sauté till onions are translucent.
- Add tomato and capsicum strips, red chilli powder and ½ tsp turmeric powder and toss. Add boiled baby corns, tomato ketchup and salt and mix well. Cut cottage cheese into batons and add and mix. Add vinegar and toss.
- Finely chop coriander sprigs and add and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Transfer into a serving plate and serve hot.