Rice and moong dal ground with some vegetables and made into pancakes.
- Rice soaked – 1 cup
- Split green gram skinless (dhuli moong dal ) soaked – ½ cup
- Green peas, blanched and mashed – 2 tablespoons
- Red Pumpkin, grated – 2 tablespoons
- Carrot grated – 1 small
- Green chilies, chopped – 2-3 no
- Ginger chopped – ½ inch
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Onion, chopped – 1 medium
- Oil – 4 teaspoons
- Dried mixed herbs – 2 teaspoons
- Processed cheese grated – 1 cup
- Tomato Ketchup – As required
- Put rice, split skinless green gram, green peas, pumpkin, carrot, green chillies, ginger and turmeric powder in a mixer jar and grind with sufficient water into a thick batter.
- Transfer the batter into a bowl, add salt and onion and mix. Add a little water to adjust the consistency. The consistency of the batter should be semi thick.
- Heat a non-stick tawa and drizzle some oil on it. Pour a ladleful of the mixture and spread into medium sized pancakes. Sprinkle some dried mixed herbs on top. Cook, turning sides, till evenly light brown on both sides.
- Top with some grated cheese and the fold.
- Place them on a serving platter and serve hot with tomato ketchup.