Tasty Khichadi Made with whole black urad dal and rice specially for lohri, a traditional Punjabi Dish as made in home of Punjab during winters.
Urad dal (whole black gram) ¾ cup
Ghee 2 Tbsp
Cloves 4-5 no.
Asafetida (Hing) ¼ tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Dry red chilies 3 no.
Ginger chopped 1 tbsp
Green chilies 2-3 no.
Rice soaked 1 cup
Water 2 cups
Salt To taste
- Soaked Urad dal (whole black gram) for 6-8 hours. keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan; add cloves, asafetida, cumin seeds, dry red chilli, sauté for 30 secs.
- Add ginger, green chills and sauté for 30 secs.
- Add the soaked urad dal, rice, salt and water, mix well.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and let it cook until 2 whistles.
- Remove it in a serving plate and serve hot.