Aloo Gujiya -Crescent shaped deep fried Indian snack
- Potatoes, boiled – 3 no
- Refined flour (maida) – 2 tbsp
- Corn starch – 2 tbsp
- Ginger, finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Green chillies, finely chopped – 2 no
- Tamarind – 2 tbsp
- Dates, finely chopped – 5 no
- Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Dried mango powder (amchur) – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for deep frying
- To serve :
- Green chilli – 1 no
- Fresh red chilli – 1 no
- Carrot, cut into thin strips – 1 no
- Green chutney – as required
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Grate potatoes into a bowl. Add maida and corn starch and mash well.
- For stuffing mix together ginger, green chillies, tamarind, dates, coriander leaves, red chilli powder, dried mango powder and salt in another bowl.
- Take a small portion of the potato mixture and line a gujiya mould with it. Sprinkle some corn starch, place a little of the date and tamarind mixture in the hollow on one side, close the mould and press gently to make a gujiya. Similarly make more gujiyas.
- Gently slide in the gujiyas into hot oil and deep fry till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Transfer onto a serving plate, garnish with green chilli, fresh red chilli, carrot strips and serve hot with green chutney.