Peaches cooked with bread, mixed dried fruits and khoya to make a delicious halwa.
- Peaches peeled – 4
- White bread slices – 8
- Ghee – 2 tablespoons
- Almonds, roughly chopped – 10-15
- Cashew nuts roughly chopped – 10-15
- Cucumber roughly chopped – 4
- Pistachios roughly chopped – 10-15
- Raisins – 1 tablespoons
- Castor sugar – ¾ cup
- Green cardamom powder – ½ teaspoons
- Saffron strands – A few
- Khoya – 2 tablespoons
- Fresh cream – ¼ cup
- Peach slice – For garnishing
- Fresh mint sprig – For garnishing
- Halve the peaches, discard the seeds and chop finely.
- Trim the edges of the bread slices and cut them into small cubes.
- Heat sufficient ghee in a non-stick pan, add almonds, cashew nuts and cucumber seeds and saute till lightly browned. Add pistachios and raisins and mix well. Add bread cubes and peaches and mix well. Cook till peaches become soft.
- Add sugar and mix well. Add cardamom powder, saffron, khoya and cream and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Keep the peach slice flat on a work top and make slits vertically at an even distance but keep them joined at one end.
- Transfer the halwa in a serving bowl, garnish with the peach slice and mint sprigs and serve warm