A whole some and nutritional one bowl meal
Oil 1 tbsp
Ghee 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp
Bay leaf 2 no.
Clove 4-5 no.
Black Peppercorns 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Hing (asafetida) ½ tsp
Garlic chopped 1 Tbsp
Ginger chopped 1 tbsp
Green chilli chopped 2-3 no.
Onion chopped 1 no. (Large)
Tomato chopped 1 no. (Large)
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Rice soaked 2 cup
Yellow moong dal soaked 1½ cup
Water 1½ ltr.
Paneer 250 gm.
Spinach puree 1 cup.
- In a pan heat 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp ghee, add bay leaf, clove, Peppercorns, cumin seeds, and sauté for 1 mins.
- Add hing, garlic chopped, ginger chopped and sauté for 1 mins
- Add green chilli chopped, onion chopped ,tomato hopped, salt and cook for 3-4 mins
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, mix well and cook for 30 secs.
- Add soaked rice, Yellow moong dal soaked, water and cover and cook for 20-25 mins.
- After 20-25 mins check the Khichadi and keep aside.
- In another pan heat ghee.
- Meanwhile cut the Paneer into cubes and add to the pan. Sauté till paneer browns.
- Add spinach Paneer and sauté for 2-3 mins.
- Add the spinach and Paneer mixture to the Khichadi, and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and Remove the Khichadi on a serving plate.
- Drizzle ghee and serve hot.