A whole some and nutritional one bowl meal
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Jeera/Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Clove- 4-5 nos
- Bay leave – 2-3 nos
- Hing – ½ tsp
- Garlic chopped – 1 tbsp
- Ginger chopped – 1 tbsp
- Green chilli chopped – 2-3 nos
- Onion chopped – 1 large
- Tomatoes chopped – 1 large
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Rice soaked – 2 cup
- Moong dal (yellow lentils) soaked – 1 ½ cup
- water – 1 ½ ltr
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Paneer – 200 gms
- Palak/Spinach Puree – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan and add in the cloves, Cumin, bay leaves and whole black pepper, sauté until crackles.
- Now add hing and mix it nicely, add ginger, Garlic, and green chilli and sauté it for 1 min.
- Add in the chopped onion and sauté it for 1 min.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and cook it until soft.
- When tomato turns soft add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix it nicely.
- Now add soaked rice and moong dal in a pan and cover it with water and cook it for 15 to 20 mins or until cooked.
- Add salt to taste and more water if required and remove the Khichadi once the rice and dal turns soft.
- Heat ghee in another pan and add cubes of paneer and sauté till slightly brown.
- Now add in the palak puree and cook it for 2 min and then transfer the palak paneer mixture in to the Khichadi and mix it nicely.
- Serve hot with ghee on top and garnish it with coriander leaves.