Onions sliced 3 no. (Medium)
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Red chilli powder ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Carom seeds (ajwain) ½ tsp
Gram flour (besan) ¼ cup
Water as required
Oil for deep-frying
Green chillies 4 no.
Chaat masala for sprinkle
- Take slice onions in a bowl, Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, carom seeds and gram flour, mix well.
- Add little water and mix well.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Drop small portions of the onion mixture in the hot oil and deep-fry.
- Remove the pakodas on an absorbent paper when its half done.
- Reheat the oil and fry the pakodas again till golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on absorbent paper and Sprinkle chaat masala on pakodas and mix well.
- Slit green chillies and deep-fry in the same oil till crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle chat masala on fried chillies also.
- Serve hot pakodas with fried chillies and tomato ketchup.