Oats, whole wheat flour and ragi flour make a nutritious combination.
- White oats – 1 cup
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Nachani flour – 1 cup
- Carom seeds – 1-2 tsp
- Soda bi carbonate – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp + for greasing
- Chaat masala – for sprinkling
- Dry roast oats in a non stick pan for 1-2 minutes. Transfer into a mixer jar and grind into a coarse powder. Transfer the ground oats into a bowl.
- Add wheat flour, nachani flour, carom seeds, soda bi carbonate, salt, oil and water as required and knead into a dough.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celcius.
- Make equal size balls of the dough. Take each ball and roll it into a roti with the help of dry flour. Spread 1 tbsp oil over the roti with the help of a brush and sprinkle chaat masala over it.
- Cut the roti into small diamonds. Grease a baking tray with a little oil and arrange the diamonds ( shakkarparas) over it.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool and store in a glass jar.