Chutney made with fenugreek seeds and raisins, it is tasty and it is healthy.
- Soaked fenugreek seeds (methi dana) – 1/2 cup
- Mustard oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Onion seeds (kalonji) – 1/4 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Black salt – 1/2 tsp
- Dried mango powder (amchur) – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Raisins – 1/2 cup
- Juice of – 1/4 lemon
- Finely chop ginger.
- Heat mustard oil in a non stick pan. Mix together mustard seeds, cumin seeds, onion seeds, fennel seeds and 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds in a bowl to make panch phoran. Add it to the pan. Add ginger and sauté till fragrant.
- Add 1/2 cup fenugreek seeds and sauté for half a minute.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, sugar, jaggery and sauté till jaggery melts,
- Then add black salt, dried mango powder, salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in another non stick pan. Add raisins, sauté for 3-4 minutes and add to the methi chutney.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Transfer into a serving bowl, cool and serve as required.