Paranthas stuffed with green pea and cottage cheese mixture.
- Fresh green peas boiled and lightly mashed – 1 cup
- Grated paneer – 2 cups
- Oil – 1 tsp + for the dough
- Cumin seeds -1 tsp
- Ginger finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Green chillies, finely chopped – 2 no
- Turmeric powder – 3/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Dried mango powder – 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Wheat flour + for rolling – 2 1/2 cups
- Gram flour – 1/2 cup
- Crushed dried anardana – 1 tsp
- Onion, finely chopped – 1 no medium
- Ghee – 4 tsp
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add cumin seeds and saute till fragrant.
- Add ginger, green chillies and sauté for half a minute. Add green peas, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dried mango powder, kasuri methi, salt and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Switch off the heat and transfer the mixture in a bowl.
- Add paneer, mix well and set aside.
- Mix together wheat flour, gram flour, anardana, remaining turmeric powder, salt and water as required to knead into a dough. Apply a little oil on the dough. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat a non stick tava.
- Add onion to the green peas mixture and mix well.
- Make equal balls of the kneaded dough. Take a ball, shape it into a katori. Fill the stuffing, seal the edges and shape into a ball. Roll into a paratha with the help of dry flour. Place on the tava.
- Cook on both sides. Apply 1/2 tsp ghee on each side and cook further till evenly golden. Transfer on the work top. Sprinkle chaat masala and cut into pieces. Similarly, make all the parathas.
- Transfer into a serving plate and serve hot.