- Plain yogurt – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Water 5 cups – 1 liter
- Green chile, chopped – ½ teaspoon 1 no
- Fresh ginger, chopped – 1 teaspoon
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves – 1 tablespoon
- Black salt – 1 ½ teaspoons
- Place a non stick small sized pan on medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and dry roast till they turn slightly brown. Cool and grind into a coarse powder.
- Whisk the yogurt thoroughly and gradually add about 1 liter water to it. Mix well.
- Add chile, ginger, cilantro leaves, black salt and roasted cumin powder and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into individual tall glasses and serve chilled.