Khasta means crisp and these rotis are just that
- Table salt – to taste
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Water – ¼ cup
- Maida (refined flour) – 1 cup
- Suji (semolina) – 2 tablespoons
- Pure ghee – 4 tablespoons
- Ajwain (carom seeds) – ½ teaspoon
- Place the sugar and salt in a small bowl, add ¼ cup (50 ml) water and stir till they dissolve.
- Place the refined flour, semolina, ghee, carom seeds, salt and sugar solution in a bowl and knead into a stiff dough. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and shape into balls.
- Flatten each ball and roll out into a 6 inch diameter roti.
- Place a non stick pan on medium heat. Let it heat for 2 minutes then place a roti and cook, turning sides till both the sides are cooked and crisp. Similarly make the remaining rotis.
- Serve hot.