Karela chicken kheema chicken keema cooked with bitter gourds and schezwan chutney.
- Bitter gourd (karela) peeled and halved vertically, seeded and chopped – 250 grams
- Chicken mince – 350 grams
- Oil – 4 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoons
- Garlic, chopped – 4-5
- Ginger, cut into strips – 1 inch
- Green chillies, finely chopped – 2
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Roasted cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Schezwan chutney – 4 tablespoons
- Fresh coriander leaves – 4-5 sprigs
- Lemon slices – 1
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds and sauté till they begin to change color
- Add garlic, ginger and green chillies, mix and sauté till garlic browns.
- Add bitter gourds and mix well. Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes
- When the bitter gourd is well browned, add chicken mince, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder and mix well and cook till chicken is done.
- Add Schezwan chutney and mix well. Add salt and mix.
- Chop coriander leaves and add and mix well.
- Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with onion and a lemon slice and serve hot.