Jaggery malpua a sweet Indian version of pancake made with jaggery.
- Milk – 1 ½ lit
- Mawa Grated – 50grm
- Jaggery grated – 50 grms
- Refined flour – 3 tbsp
- Elaichi powder – ½ tsp
- Ghee – for shallow fry
- For sugar recipes
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Saffron few strands – Few strands
- For Garnish
- Rabadi and assorted nuts
- Boil milk and Jaggery in a heavy-bottomed pan until jaggery dissolve. Reduce heat and simmer till it is reduced and reaches a coating consistency. Add grated mawa and mix well.
- Bring it to room temperature. Reserve two tablespoons of sugar and form one-string sugar syrup with the rest of the sugar and two cups of water.
- Dissolve saffron in a teaspoon of hot milk. Add it to the sugar syrup. Add refined flour, green cardamom powder and the reserved sugar to the reduced milk.
- Mix well and make a batter of pouring consistency using a little milk if required. Heat sufficient ghee in a wide mouthed flat-bottomed kadai.
- Pour a ladle full of batter to form a pancake. Cook on low to medium heat. Turn it over when it starts to color slightly
- When both sides are done, drain and immerse in the sugar syrup. Garnish with rabdi and sprinkle assorted nuts and serve hot.