Rose flavoured rich milk shake
Rose syrup 2 tablespoons
Full cream milk 7½ cups
Sugar ½ cup
Saffron strands a few
Green cardamom powder ½ teaspoon
Malai burfi (condensed milk mithai) 4 no
Almonds, blanched peeled and slivered 10 no
Pistachios, blanched peeled and slivered 20 no
- Place a non stick deep pan on high heat and pour in the milk. Reduce heat to medium, add sugar and cook, stirring, till the sugar dissolves. Transfer into a bowl.
- Add the saffron and mix till it dissolves.
- Add the green cardamom powder to the milk and mix. Set aside to cool down to room temperature.
- Add rose syrup and mix. Place the bowl in the refrigerator to chill.
- Pour into individual glasses. Crush the malai burfi and sprinkle equally over the top of the milk in each glass. Garnish with almonds and pistachios and serve chilled.