Chicken pieces coated with corn flour and done in a chinese style
- Chicken breast boneless – 2
- Ginger paste – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger finely chopped – 2 tablespoons
- Red chili paste – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – To taste
- Egg – 1
- Cornflour – 3 tablespoons
- Oil – 1 tablespoon + for dry fry
- Dried red chili – 3
- Chicken masala – 2 tablespoons
- Chicken stock – ½ cup
- Spring onion with greens – 2
- Cut chicken breasts into small pieces. Mix together ginger paste, 1 tbsp red chilli paste, chicken pieces and salt in a bowl
- Break egg into the bowl and mix. Add cornflour and mix well. Keep aside to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Deep-fry the chicken pieces in hot oil till crisp and drain on absorbent paper.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in another non-stick pan. Break dried red chillies and add to the pan. Add chopped ginger and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add remaining red chilli paste, chicken masala and chicken stock and cook till the mixture thickens
- Chop spring onion bulbs as well as greens and add to the pan.
- Add fried chicken pieces and mix well. Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot.