Want to learn how to cook Chicken Stew in Indian Style.
Chicken 1 kg
Oil 1 tbsp
Ginger sliced 1 inch piece
Garlic crushed 8-10 cloves
Bay leaves 3 no.
Black pepper 1 tbsp
Cloves 4-5 no.
Onion cubes 1 no. (Medium)
Potato cubes 1 no. (Small)
White pumpkin cubes 1 cup (200 gm.)
Red pumpkin cubes 1 cup (200 gm.)
Carrot cubes ½ cup
Cauliflower florets 1 no. (Small)
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
French beans 4 to 5 no.
Water as required
- First blanch the chicken in hot water to remove the impurities and dirt, strain and keep it aside.
- In a deep kadai heat oil and add ginger, garlic, bay leaves, black pepper corn, and cloves, sauté until garlic turns slightly brown.
- Now add onions, potatoes, white and red pumpkin, carrots, cauliflower florets and salt and cook it for 5 mins.
- After 5 mins add in the chicken, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, French beans and mix it nicely over a medium high heat.
- Cover the chicken with water and cook it covered for 25 to 30 mins.
- Serve the dish once the vegetable gets little mushy and chicken flesh starts to leave the bones.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander and serve hot with buns.