This delicious combination of western and Indian cuisines is irresistible.
- Boneless chicken breast – 2 no
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Roasted and crushed black peppercorns – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Oil – 4-5 tbsp for shallow frying
- Salt – to taste
- Kasundi mustard – 3 tbsp
- Honey – 3 tbsp
- Mayonnaise – 1/2 cup
- Ginger, finely chopped – 1 inch
- Garlic cloves, finely chopped – 6-8 no
- Green chillies, finely chopped – 2 no
- Iceberg lettuce for serving
- To make the marinade, mix together ginger garlic paste, black peppercorns, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, lemon juice, 2 tbsp oil, salt and set aside.
- Make deep gashes on the chicken breasts, place them in the bowl and rub the marinade onto the chicken. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- To make the dressing, mix kasundi mustard, honey and mayonnaise in another bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non stick pan. Add ginger, garlic, green chillies and sauté for a minute.
- Place the marinated chicken (cut side down), in the pan. Cook flipping sides till evenly golden.
- Place some iceberg lettuce on a serving plate. Transfer the chicken on the lettuce. Pour the dressing over the chicken and serve hot.