Quick and easy south indian style potato preparation
- Baby Potatoes, washed, boiled – 30 no
- Onion , cubes – 1 large
- Turmeric powder – ¾ tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ tbsp
- Cumin powder-1/4 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1sprig
- Garlic cloves – 2-3 crushed
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel, add the mustard seeds and as they crackle, add the curry leaves and garlic and sauté until the garlic is brown. Add in the onion and sauté well.
- Add in the urad dal and allow the dal to turn red.
- Add potatoes boiled and sauté well.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Combine well. Stir fry on medium high flame for 3 mints, tossing them in between till the potatoes turn a golden brown.
- Remove it in a serving bowl and garnish it coriander and serve hot.