Atte ka halwa is a traditional Indian dessert made of whole wheat flour.
- Coarse whole wheat flour ( Motta atta) – 4 tbsps
- Ghee – 4 tbsps
- Almonds, roughly chopped – 8-10 no
- Cashew nuts, roughly chopped – 8-10 no
- Raisins – 8-10 no
- Green cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Saffron – ¼ tsp
- grated jaggery – 1 cup
- Heat ghee in a non-stick kadai. Add whole wheat flour (motta atta) and sauté on low heat till golden brown. Add jaggery and mix well.
- Add saffron and 1 cup hot water and cook, stirring continuously, till the mixture thickens. Roughly chop cashew nuts and almonds. Add along with green cardamom powder and raisins and mix. Serve hot