this is quick pulao made in pressure cooker, Maharashtrian style.
Basmati rice 2 cup
Onion thinly sliced 1 no. (Large)
Carrots cut into small cubes 1 no. (Small)
Potatoes cut into small cubes 1 no. (Large)
Cauliflower florets 1 no. (Small)
French beans cut into small cube ½ Cup
Green peas ½ Cup
Green Capsicum cut into small cubes 1 no. (Small)
Tomatoes chopped 1 no. (Large)
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Coriander Powder 1 tbsp
Roasted Cumin Powder ½ tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
Ginger-garlic paste 1 tbsp
Cinnamon stick 1 inch
Green cardamoms 2 no.
Black cardamom 1 no.
Cloves 2 to 4 no.
Whole black pepper 1 tsp
Bay leaf 2 no.
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
For Green Paste:
Green chili chopped 3-4 no.
Coriander leaves chopped ½ Cup
Fresh Coconut Grated ½ Cup
Mint Leaves 10-15 no.
Water as required
- Rinse the rice till the water runs clears of starch then soaks the basmati rice in 3-4 cups of water for 15 minutes. Drain and keep it aside.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of oil in the pressure cooker; add the dry spices and sauté for 1 min. or till cumin’s gets brown.
- Mean while make a green paste in a mixer as given ingredient and keep it aside.
- Add sliced onions in to the pressure cooker and sauté for 2-3 min.
- Add Potato, carrot and cauliflower, mix well and sauté for 3-4 min.
- Add chopped tomato, ginger-garlic paste, mix well and sauté for 2 min.
- Add Red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, roasted cumin powder, garam masala and salt, mix well and sauté for 2 min.
- Add french beans, green peas and green capsicum, mix well.
- Add prepared green paste, mix well.
- Add 1½ cup of water, mix well, cover and cook for 4-5 min.
- Add Drained basmati rice, add little water if required and mix well.
- Cover the pressure cooker tightly with its lid.
- Pressure cook vegetable pulao for 2 whistles on a medium heat.
- When the pressure settles down on its own, take out the lid.
- Remove veg. pulao in serving plate, garnish with mint leaves and serve hot