Mixed vegetable and potato patty, onions, and chaat masala enclosed in a refined flour roti roll.
- Refined flour (maida) rotis – 4 no
- Carrot, grated – 1 medium
- Green peas, parboiled and crushed – ¼ cup
- Potatoes, boiled and mashed – 2 large
- Oil + for shallow-frying – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Ginger, finely chopped – ½ inch
- Green chilli, finely chopped – 1
- Red chilli powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Garam masala powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon
- Dried mango powder (amchur) – ½ teaspoon
- To Serve
- Green Chutney – 4 teaspoons
- Onion, sliced – 1 medium
- Vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- Chaat masala – to taste
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan; add the cumin seeds and sauté lightly. Add the carrot, green peas, ginger, green chilli, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt, and sauté over medium heat for two minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Add the mashed potatoes, coriander leaves and amchur powder and mix well. Adjust seasoning.
- Divide the potato mixture into eight portions and shape into four-inch long cylinders. Shallow-fry in hot oil till light golden. Drain on absorbent paper and set aside.
- To prepare each frankie, place a roti on a flat working surface, spread a teaspoon of green chutney all over the roti. Place a potato roll on one side. Sprinkle some sliced onions, drizzle one-fourth teaspoon of vinegar, sprinkle chaat masala over and roll up the roti.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and serve immediately.