Toovar dana and purple yam stir fried with masalas.
- Toovar dana, boiled in salt and turmeric water – 1 cup
- Purple yam, cut into 1 inch cubes and boiled in turmeric water – 250 grams
- Green garlic roughly chopped – 1/2 cup
- Green chillies – 2-3 no
- Ginger, sliced – 1 inch
- Mint leaves – 15-18 no
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Carom seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Dried mango powder (amchur) – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Juice of – 1/2 lemon
- For garnishing –
- A coriander sprig
- Few thin long strips of red bell pepper
- Grind together green garlic, green chillies, ginger, mint leaves using water as required.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add carom seeds, ground mixture and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tuvar dane, purple yam, turmeric powder, coriander powder, dried mango powder, garam masala powder, salt and 1 1/2 cups water and cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Mix lemon juice and cook till the gravy thickens.
- Transfer into serving bowl, garnish with a fresh coriander sprig and thin strips of red bell pepper and serve hot.