Turmeric is a root which other than giving colour to your food, also has many medicinal properties and is not only used in Indian cooking but also used in many ayurvedic medicines and beauty products worldwide. It is anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, helps in the treatment of cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer, cold and cough, cuts and to cure many more health problems.
- Lemon 4
- Green chilies 12-15
- Fresh Turmeric 100 gms
- Rai dal 1 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds 3 Tbsp
- Salt 1 Tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds 1 tsp
- red chili powder 1 tsp
How to make Turmeric Pickle/Haldi ka Achaar (Method)
- Heat mustard oil in a pan
- Meanwhile cut the green chilies into halves.
- As the oil heats up add Rai Dal (Skinless split mustard seeds), fenugreek seeds.
- Turnoff the flame and add green chilies. Sauté for 1-2 min and cook.
- Meanwhile slice the turmeric and cut 3 lemons into quarters. Add to a bowl
- Take one lime and squeeze it in the bowl.
- Add red chili powder, salt and tempering to the bowl mix well
- Store the pickle in a glass jar for seven days.