Turmeric is a root which other than giving colour to your food, also has many medicinal properties and is not only used in Indian cooking but also used in many ayurvedic medicines and beauty products worldwide. It is anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, helps in the treatment of cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer, cold and cough, cuts and to cure many more health problems.
Lemon 4 no.
Green chilies 12-15 no.
Fresh Turmeric 100 gm.
Rai dal (split mustard seeds) 1 Tbsp
Mustard Oil 3 Tbsp
Salt 1 Tbsp
Fenugreek seeds 1 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Heat mustard oil in a pan.
- Meanwhile cut the green chilies into halves. Keep it aside.
- When oil is hot, add Rai Dal (Skinless split mustard seeds) and fenugreek seeds, sauté till its splutter.
- Turnoff the flame and add green chilies, mix well and Sauté for 1-2 min.
- Meanwhile slice the turmeric and cut 3 lemons into quarters and place it in a mixing bowl.
- Take one lime and squeeze it in the bowl, mix well.
- Add red chili powder, salt and tempering to the bowl, mix well
- Store the pickle in a glass jar for seven days and use as required.