Turai rice soup curry ridge gourd and rice cooked together to make a cooling soup.
- Ridge gourd ( turai ), peeled and cut into medium cubes – 2 medium
- Basmati rice soaked-2 cups
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Panch phoran- 1 teaspoon
- Dried red chilies – 2-3
- Garlic, chopped -2 teaspoons
- Onion, chopped -1 medium
- Potato peeled and cut into medium cubes- 1 large
- Red pumpkin, peeled cut into cubes – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Crushed black peppercorn – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – To taste
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- Heat oil in non-stick pan, add panch phoran and saute for 10 seconds. Add red chilies and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add garlic and saute for a minute. Add onion and saute till it turns translucent
- Add potato, red pumpkin, ridge gourd, turmeric powder, crushed black peppercorns and salt and mix well.
- Drain rice and add to the pan with two litres water and mix well and cook till rice and vegetables are fully cooked.
- Add coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix well.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot