A popular Gujarati dish made with toovar dana. must try
- Fresh toovar dana boiled in salt water – 1 1/2 cups
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Ginger, finely chopped – 1 inch
- Green chillies – 2-3 no
- Green capsicum – 1 no medium
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Juice of – 1 lemon
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Scraped fresh coconut – 1/2 cup
- Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped -1 cup
- Finely chop green chillies and green capsicum and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida and sauté till the seeds splutter. Add ginger, green chillies and sauté for half a minute.
- Add green capsicum and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add toovar dane, salt, turmeric powder, lemon juice, sugar and mix well.
- Add fresh coconut, coriander leaves, mix well and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the heat. Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot.