Marinated paneer fingers dipped in spicy batter, coated with sesame seeds and shallow fried.
- White sesame seeds – for coating
- Black sesame seeds – for coating
- Paneer – 250 grams
- Red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp + for sprinkling
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Refined flour ( maida ) – 1 cup
- Semolina (suji) – 2 tbsp
- Oil – for shallow frying
- Cut paneer into finger size pieces and place them in a plate. Sprinkle 1 tsp red chili powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder, kasuri methi, chaat masala, 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste, salt and mix well.
- In a bowl, mix together 1 cup maida, 2 tbsp suji, remaining ginger garlic paste, remaining red chili powder, remaining garam masala powder, salt and water as required to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan.
- Spread black and white sesame seeds, remaining suji and remaining maida in a plate.
- Dip the paneer fingers in the maida batter, then coat them with the sesame seeds mixture
- Place the paneer fingers in the pan and cook turning sides till evenly golden on all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Sprinkle some chaat masala.
- Place some lemon and onion slices onto a serving plate. Transfer paneer fingers onto the plate and serve hot.