Leftover rice mixed with vegetables to make thai rice patty, very different recipe must try
- Leftover rice – 2 ½ cups
- Celery, chopped – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon grass, chopped – 1 teaspoon
- Thai red curry paste -3 tablespoons
- Boiled mixed vegetables (carrot, potatoes, green peas, Fresh beans) – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper powder – to taste
- Corn flour – 2 tablespoons
- Garlic, chopped- 5-6 cloves
- Oil – to shallow-fry
- Spring onion julienne – to garnish
- Pickled vegetables – to garnish
- Put leftover rice in a large bowl, add chopped celery, garlic, lemon grass, red curry paste, boiled vegetables, salt, pepper powder and cornflour and mix welltogether.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each into small patties.
- Heat sufficientrice bran oil in a pan, place the patties in it, few at a time, and shallow-fry, turning sides, till golden and crisp on both sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Place them on a serving plate, garnish with spring onion juliennes and serve with pickled vegetables.