Chicken marinated in a mixture of tamarind paste and flavourful masalas and grilled.
- Chicken breasts – 2 boneless
- Tamarind paste – 3 tbsp
- Brown onion – 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar – 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garlic finely chopped – 2 tbsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Juice of – 1/2 lemon
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2-3 tbsp
- For garnishing-
- Spring onion green flower 1 no
- Thin strips of red bell pepper
- Onion rings
- To make the marinade, grind together brown onion, brown sugar, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, cinnamon powder, garlic, tamarind paste, black pepper, lemon juice and grind into a coarse mixture. Transfer the marinade in a bowl, add salt, mix and set aside.
- Make deep diagonal gashes on the chicken breasts on one side and place them on a plate.
- Apply the marinade on the gashes
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Place chicken breasts in the pan, gashes side up. Grill for 8-10 minutes till underside is evenly golden. Flip and spread the remaining marinade on top of the chicken breast. Cook from the other side for 4-5 minutes till golden.
- Place red bell pepper, spring onion green flower and onion rings on a serving plate. Transfer the chicken breasts onto the plate and serve hot.