Tomatoes stuffed with spicy cottage cheese mixture and served with a flavourful tomato gravy.
- Red tomatoes, scooped – 5 no medium
- Tomato purée – 3 cups
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Almonds chopped – 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts chopped – 1 tbsp
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Paneer – 250 grams
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried mango powder (amchur) – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri methi – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Mustard oil – 3 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Cashew nut paste – 1/2 cup
- Fresh cream – 1/2 cup
- To make the stuffing, mash paneer in a bowl. Add red chilli powder, dried mango powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder and mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non stick pan. Add almonds, cashew nuts, raisins and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add kasuri methi and sauté for half a minute. Transfer the mixture in a bowl.
- Add salt, fresh coriander leaves and mix well. Stuff this mixture in the tomato pockets and keep the remaining stuffing aside for later use.
- Heat mustard oil in another non stick pan. Place the stuffed tomatoes in the pan.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non stick pan. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for 1 minute. Add tomato purée and mix. Add coriander powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, remaining garam masala powder, salt and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add cashew nut paste and mix. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add fresh cream and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes stirring continuously. Switch off the heat.
- Now, cook the tomatoes on high heat, rotating from time to time till the skin is soft. Switch off the heat.
- Spread the remaining stuffing onto a serving plate. Place the stuffed tomatoes on the stuffing. Pout the gravy on the tomatoes and serve immediately.