Spinach stuffed eggs, batter fried and served with flavourful gravy.
- Boiled and peeled – 4 eggs,no
- Blanched and chopped spinach – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp + oil – for deep frying
- Finely chopped ginger – 1 tbsp
- Green chillies finely chopped – 2 no
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp + 1 – tbsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Gram flour (besan) – 3/4 cup + for coating
- White oats – 1/4 cup
- Carom seeds (ajwain) – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 3/4 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Bhuna masala – 130 grams
- Tomato purée – 1/2 cup
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Finely chopped fresh coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Juice of – 1/4 lemon
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non stick pan. Add ginger, green chillies and sauté for a minute.
- Add spinach, 1 tsp coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix well. Transfer the mixture in a bowl and keep aside.
- Cut the eggs vertically, scoop out the egg yolks and add to the bowl and mix well with the spinach mixture.
- Make small balls of the spinach mixture, stuff them back into the pockets of egg whites. Join both the halves of the egg and press lightly.
- Mix together gram flour, white oats, carom seeds, 1/4 tsp red chilly powder, ginger garlic paste and water as required to make a thick batter.
- Heat sufficient oil in a non stick pan.
- Dust the eggs with a little gram flour and dip in the batter.
- Deep fry the eggs till golden and crisp. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Empty bhuna masala in a non stick pan. Add tomato purée, remaining coriander powder, remaining red chilly powder, remaining turmeric powder, garam masala powder and mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup water, adjust salt and allow to come to a boil.
- Add fresh coriander, lemon juice and mix well.
- Transfer the gravy into a serving bowl. Add the fried eggs and serve hot.