A classic Sri lankan chicken curry that’s full of flavour and best made with chicken on the bone.
- Chicken pieces (on bone) – 500 grams
- Crushed garlic – 5 -6 cloves
- Green chillies (cut into lengthwise) – 4 no
- Ginger minced – 1 tsp
- Medium size onion chopped – 1 no
- Pure ghee – 3 tbps
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbps
- Fresh lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Coconut cream – 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk – 1 1/2 cup
- Grated coconut to garnish – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Clean the chicken and cut into big chunks. Melt the ghee in a deep non-stick pan and add chopped onion.
- Fry till onion translucent and add ginger, garlic and green chilies. Sauté for 1-2 minutes and then add pieces of chicken.
- Mix the salt and spices very well into the chicken. Add coconut milk and simmer the flame.
- Bring the chicken onto boil and cover the pan with lid. Leave to cook for 30-35 minutes, till the chicken tenders.
- Finally add fresh coconut cream and sprinkle the lemon juice. Cook only for last 5 minutes. While serving, garnish the chicken with some grated coconut. Serve hot with roti or jeera rice.